Shop! Australia and New Zealand is extending the deadline for its annual Retail Marketing Awards until 31 January 2022.
The prestigious Shop! Awards celebrate the best in retail marketing campaigns across 26 categories, covering physical displays and shopper experience, and recognise and reward best practice, innovation, and excellence in retail and shopper marketing.
Open to both Shop! ANZ members and non-members, there are Gold, Silver and Bronze prizes, in addition to the Award’s highest honour, the Tom Harris Retail Marketing Award (named after Shop! ANZ founder, Tom Harris).
The 2021 Awards will see the return of two categories – ‘Field Marketing’, which took a brief hiatus in 2020, and ‘Campaign Response to a Covid-19 Changing Shopper’, which recognises the challenges presented to marketers by the pandemic.
Shop! ANZ general manager, Carla Bridge said that while the second half of 2021 has been challenging for many, some stand out work has emerged from the retail marketing space.
“2021 has been a year of ups and downs, but retail marketers in Australia and New Zealand have taken it all in their stride and continued to build strong, relevant campaigns and point of sale to engage shoppers and their changing mindsets,” she said.
“All retail marketers have had to adapt new and existing campaigns encompassing everything from pre-store, instore and post-store to entice customers in new and different ways as they navigate the new retail landscape that has been left by the Covid pandemic.”
Australian and New Zealand designers and producers of retail marketing material, brand owners, agencies, suppliers, and retailers are eligible to enter the Awards.
Winners will be announced at the Shop! Awards Gala Dinner on 31 March 2022. Tickets can be purchased at www.shopassociation.org.au/events/2021-awards-gala-dinner.
Awards criteria, and step by step guides on how to enter the Awards online are available at www.shopassociation.org.au/enter-awards
For more information, or to enter the Awards, visit www.shopassociation.org.au/about-awards
Shop! ANZ 2021 Retail Marketing Awards categories:
– Large or Department Store
– Grocery Store (food) –Temporary Display & Permanent Display
– Grocery Store (non-food)
– Liquor – Temporary Display & Permanent Display
– Petrol, Convenience & Route
– Health & Beauty – Temporary & Permanent
– Consumer Electronics – Temporary & Permanent
– Specialty Retail, Lifestyle & Service Providers – Temporary Display & Permanent Display
– Category Management
– Window Displays
– Store Design
– POP THIS Retail Industrial Design – Temporary & Permanent
– CENTRUM GROUP Produced in ANZ
– Digital Instore, Mobile, Social & Online
– Field Marketing
– Sales Promotion
– Occasion-based Shopper Campaign
– Integrated Path to Purchase Campaign
– Campaign Response to a Covid-19 Changing Shopper
Pinnacle and special awards
– People’s Choice Award
– Environmental Stewardship
– Best Design & Innovation
– Best Display
– Best Shopper Experience
– Tom Harris Retail Marketing Award (Best in Show)