- Livestock exporters
- Department officers
To advise stakeholders of the release of the 48th edition of the IATA LAR.
- Standard 6.1.13 of the Australian Standards for the Export of Livestock (ASEL) requires livestock exported by air to comply with the IATA LARs.
- Where there is a variance between the IATA LAR and ASEL, ASEL applies.
- To obtain a copy of the 2022 edition of the IATA LARs, and download a list of significant changes and amendments, please visit iata.org/en/publications/store/live-animals-regulations/.
- The new edition will come into effect from 1 January 2022.
- Until this time, the current LAR (47th edition) applies.
This advice follows recommendations from the 2019 Technical Advisory Committee Review of the Australian Standards for the Export of Livestock: Air Transport Review, that:
- the standards include a provision that the IATA Regulations, as amended and in force from time to time, shall apply to the export of livestock by air from Australia, unless there is a variance with the ASEL, in which case the ASEL should apply
- the department releases an Export Advisory Notice when the IATA Regulations are amended.